Generating Ideas Basics
Ideas are often realized through a series of connections where the initial inception is done because of a specific need, thought or action. Most of these are formed in bits and pieces until the whole idea finally comes together, which is sometimes in the most unusual and unexpected manner.
Creativity and productivity are the two important ingredients that bring about ideas which tapper down from quantity to quality. In order to explore the possibilities of generating ideas, here are some tips which may prove to be helpful to the process.
Expect to have ideas, basically means that one should be open to as many thought processes and styles as possible. Carelessly disregarding perceptions and conceptions should be discouraged in the quest to generating ideas. No matter how trivial or silly an idea appears it should merit some level of exploration. Being open to new experiences also helps to broaden one’s mindset. Different situations often present different challenges which can eventually be the sounding board for new ideas to be explored.
Develop a habit of noting down on paper the beginnings of ideas before they are lost to other distractions. Often the best ideas simply pop into one’s thought process when least expected and capturing these ideas on papers before they are lost helps to further mull on the concepts at a later more leisure and thought concentrated time.
Being thankful for ideas allows the mind to accept the positive and creative reinforcement that works to keep the mind alert to be always on the lookout and exploring. This encourages the mind to produce more and more ideas with ease.
Use Your Sleep Time To Generate Ideas
Some extensive scientific researchers have concluded that there is some connection between both creativity and sleep mysterious as it may seem. The research has gone on to show that sleep promotes creativity and vice versa, for the simple reasons that sleep actually recharges, replenishes and defragments the brain.
While You Sleep:
At this juncture the individual’s inputs and experiences are sorted out, organized, processed and rearranged to form new connections and associations which in turn may give way to new ideas. Thus using sleep time to generate ideas may not seem as ludicrous as it first sounds.
Here are some ideas that have been used over time to generate revenue which didn’t necessarily need “awake” time to function successfully.
Designing and creating a tool that encourages the masses to use it consistently and continuously will bring in the desired revenue without having to actually having to promote the said item actively.
Thus the idea when put into reality generated its own income independently. Creating an internet e commerce site that runs around the clock is also another idea that generated income perpetually.
Designing a good blog spot where other will be interested to tag their advertisement on will also generate revenue without actually having to “work” for it. This also increases traffic to the site which in turn also translates to increased revenue.
Often dreams and ideas generated during sleep patterns are mistakenly dismissed as ridiculously impossible. However with a little further exploration into the possibilities it may entail, one may find these ideas to be quite useful indeed.
More often than not these ideas consist of underlying images, themes or emotions that can eventually become springboards for great and innovative ideas. Making a habit of recording these dreams immediately is also another factor that is encouraged as most dreams are almost always immediately forgotten when the reality of daily life’s routines set in.
The popular saying of too many cooks spoil the dish does not really apply to the brainstorming exercise. Contrary to most beliefs, brainstorming can actually be very beneficial for businesses and other endeavours. As most of these scenarios rely on the interaction and action of many, having the resources of many thought processes and ideas play a vital role in keeping the endeavour current and viable.
Let The Ideas Flow:
There are a few guidelines that should be followed in order to ensure the whole brainstorming exercise stays relevant and on track. Keeping everyone involved focused on the end goal is perhaps one of the more important elements to start with.
With the goal clearly understood and envisioned, the brainstorming exercise can then be more centered and beneficial to the theme, instead of having random ideas thrown about.
A relaxed atmosphere which is free of any stressful connotations will help the mind to be more alert and sharp thus creating the receptive mindset that births new, innovative and functional ideas.
Always listening to questions and opinions of others around also allows the individual to have a better exploration mindset that is open to ideas from a brainstorming session. Sometimes even the smallest and seemingly insignificant bit of information can be the missing link to an otherwise complete puzzle.
Keeping brainstorming session to a short time frame of about ten to fifteen minutes per time would be better that allowing the session to become long winded which gives opportunity to all concerned to waver off course.
Having fun while brainstorming is also to be actively encouraged, as studies have shown that the most innovative and interesting ideas are conceptualized under casual and non threatening circumstances.
The brain is more likely to function creatively if stress levels are kept to a minimum. Brainstorming in small groups does have its benefits as too large a group may give rise to unwanted distractions.
Listen To And Watch What Others Are Doing
Most people communicate because they are in need of getting an idea or thought across effectively, and most people watch others with the intention of learning what to do and not to do in order to successfully achieve the first action. The same concept applies to those in the business arena as listening and watching is often the special ingredient that constitutes phenomenal success.
Most large business endeavour have systems in place where information is gathered by listening and watching what their customers and competitors are doing.
By doing so it is hoped that the information learnt will allow the company to stay competitive and perhaps even always one step ahead of the pact. Many new ideas, information, discoveries that are beneficial can be made through observing this exercise of listening and watching.
Products can be effectively improved, costs can be revised, and promotions can be effective and timely. Other aspects like the redesigning or complete change of packaging can have powerful impacts of the successful sale of products and this kind of information or guide can be gotten by actively listening and watching both customer and competitor.
In the business world today it is not unusual to find products that have been created by copying more successful examples. This is especially so, when the newer products boasts of similar capabilities but at cheaper prices.
The prime reason for this success is the ability to listen and watch what is currently drawing customer interests. However it should be noted that discerning how to effectively listen and watch and the sievethrough and retain only useful information is very important as not all information learnt is beneficial. Overlooking this fact can prove to be costly indeed. Constantly keeping focused on the end goal of ensuring the customer stays happy should be the prime object in mind.
Get Your Brain Working
The human brain has astounding capabilities that often surprises even the dullest individual. Thus getting the brain to work should be everyone priority. Most people today have a lot of process within a normal days work. These may include having to learn how to operate new gadgets, keeping to schedules, producing quality work material, remembering things and many more. Thus learning to achieve as much as possible through optimum brain function is worth exploring.
Some tips on to how to enhance brain functions and use it to its optimum is listed below:
• Practicing the habit of writing down everything as much as possible has been scientifically proven to stimulate the brain function in terms of producing ideas. This is due to the fact that this simple motion actually helps to stimulate the acupuncture points in the hands that connect to the part of the brain that functions as an idea churning tool.
• Changing the focus of the thought process also helps to spur the brain to work effectively and productively. Using the three primary ways to learn which are visual, kinaesthetic and auditory in an interchanging fashion when one is distracted or tired is an effective way to still keep the lines open for new ideas to be formed.
• Making the effort to learn new things is also another way to optimize brain use. Though it may sometimes prove to be rather an uphill battle and quite challenging, sticking to the task of learning something until it is thoroughly understood and comfortably applied is definitely worth the effort.
• Cross pollinating interest can also have surprisingly positive results. Neurons that connect to existing neurons can give the individual new perspectives, insights and abilities to use as additional knowledge is made available. When these connections are encouraged and consistently practiced the brain becomes more adapt to tapping into this rich resource for new ideas.
Don’t Let Limiting Beliefs Stop You
Often the existence of limiting beliefs causes an individual to stumble in the quest toward successfully achieving their goals, and if not addressed it can eventually cause crippling consequences. When the limiting beliefs are obvious then the act of taking the next step to positively change the mind set can then begin. Understanding that limiting beliefs are more damaging than empowering is the first step to tackling the problem.
Here are some of the common thought processes that cause the limiting beliefs to gain a foot hold in most people’s lives:
• Avoiding a possible new and thrilling experience simply because it may not be completely “safe” causes the individual to lose out on a possible windfall that may not be achieved any other way.
• Not exercising confidence in any endeavour undertaken is also another way of allowing the limiting belief mindset to win. Total confidence should be regularly exercised in order for it to become an eventual habit thus allowing the individual to be better prepared for any circumstance.
• Acknowledging that age does not play a crucial role in being able to achieve great things keeps the crippling limiting beliefs from cause the individual to be overly cautious and even unadventurous.
• Dismissing ideas immediately upon conception simply because of the possible adversity that may be faced is definitely allowing the limiting beliefs to be in control. Lack of funds, resources, time, intelligence, credentials and creativity probably did not stop others from making great discoveries.
• Failure is another contributor to aligning one’s self to the limiting beliefs thought process. Ideally failure should be looked upon as a learning experience and cause the individual to be stronger and more
resolved to succeed and not give up.
Whenever the notion arises to make a change for the better it sometimes helps to identify the elements that are causing the resistance towards the said intended change. Take a good look at what you believe and loosen up your brain to start generating some great ideas.